Don’t Settle For Chump Change.

Go After Life Change.

Answering Your Auto Accident Questions

Trying to maximize the compensation you receive after your car accident can leave you with more questions than answers. At Larry N. Guy, Injury Attorney, I have been helping my clients earn the compensation they deserve from their personal injury claims for more than two decades. To help you get started in your claim, I want to answer some of the earlier questions you may have about your case.

Can I afford to work with an attorney?

Anyone trying to win fair compensation from their injury claim can afford an attorney. Your lawyer can only collect their fees from the settlement they earn for you. If they cannot provide you with compensation in your claim, you do not have to pay them.

How long do I have to file a claim?

In Louisiana, accident victims have one year from the date of their injury to file a claim. Although they have a year, they should file their claim as soon as possible to decrease the time it takes to earn a settlement.

Do I need an attorney if insurance already offered a settlement?

Insurance companies may be quick to offer you a settlement in your personal injury claim, but that is not always a good thing. Oftentimes, a fast settlement is a lowball settlement offer to avoid paying you the compensation you deserve. An attorney can negotiate on your behalf to maximize the compensation you receive.

What is my claim worth?

Every personal injury claim is unique, and the value of the claim depends on the damages you experienced. I can help you receive compensation for damages, including current and future medical expenses, lost income, property damage, relocation or renovation costs to accommodate your injuries, permanent scarring or burns, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium.

How do I start my claim?

If you were injured in a car accident, your first step should be to call my Baton Rouge office at 225-291-0111 or email me here. The sooner you reach out to me, the sooner I can help you earn the settlement you need in your claim.